Victim Support Denmark
Someone to talk to!
Help for victims and witnesses
Our services are free and available to everyone, whether or not the crime has been reported and regardless of when it happened. We are not part of the police, the courts or any other criminal justice agency.
If you have witnessed a crime we can help you to cope with going to court by giving you information and support. Your family and friends who are attending court can get help too and we support witnesses for both the prosecution and defense.
Our trained volunteers offer:
• someone to talk to in confidence
• information on police and court procedures
• help in dealing with other organisations
• information about compensation and insurance
• links to other sources of help
• information about what to expect in court, including a chance to see the court beforehand and learn about court procedures
• someone to go with you into the courtroom if you want, to help you feel more at-ease
• a chance to talk over the case when it has ended and to get more help or information.
Our support free and independent of the police or courts.